Monday, September 26, 2016

LET NOT




                       


                           











                           1)     Let not my ego bloat
                               Oh God, by worldly bubbles
                               On seas of troubles ;
                               Let me undisturbed float.

                     2)      Let not self-debasing envy sting           
                               My heart's pure spring ;
                               Let me joys ring
                               For others and Thy name sing.

                     3)      Let not selfish strain 
                               Give my bosom pain ;
                               All these pursuits vain
                               Let peace and patience reign.

                     4)      Let me be not unkind
                               And bear in my mind
                               Thy mighty munificence great
                               Thy all-pervading universal state.

                    5)      Let not my tongue offend
                              Others with a critical end
                              Let love and peace effuse
                              Let me, if Thee please, live for other's use.

                    6)      In testing times, let me not stray
                              From Thy commands and righteous way
                              Thy name, my help-- Thy feet
                              My sole refuge--Thy gaze, my comfort sweet.
                          
                                   ***************************

                    

    27th September, 2016                                          Somaseshu Gutala                
                      

                  
                                  

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment