Friday, May 3, 2024

Roses and the Moon

 

                            


                    

               

  Though you seem to deny my plea outright

  I blame Thee not; whom should I entreat, oh Lord!

 Whose firm support I seek, almighty God!

 None but Thee, Thou, unprecedented Power bright!

 Nothing happens without thy will and pleasure;

 Though dejected, can’t compel Thee to act

 Your will, insurmountable in fact;

  I can’t see the grace of Thy generous treasure;

 Like tidal waves Time swings our lives thrown up and down

 Into unexplorable depths beyond our thoughts;

 My past years wasted away like fallen leaves so soon

 Let me obey Thy will; no use to fret and frown;

 With growing age, life with many maladies fraught

 Be content; no craze for roses and the moon.

 
    03-05-2024                                    Somaseshu Gutala
         

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment