Monday, April 1, 2024

The Tender Touch

 


                                            

                     


                         

 1.            When I burst through womb of darkness dense

Into this coil of ignorance immense;

My childish wails she heard with love intense

She cared for me- a goddess in true sense;

She spread the fragrance of love like a rose

Her little elf, oh me, she chose.

 

2.    My wearisome pranks she put up with ease

Despite my fretful tricks, she did not cease

To treat me with her loving care;

She lavished all her love, a lion’s share;

The sweetest memories of love she gave

My reckless acts of youth she forgave.

 

3.    My youthful fiery temper swift slowed down

By buffetings of fate and destiny’s frown;

The muse with motherly love lulled me to rest

The wine of poesy on my parched lips she prest;

She pulled me out from these hard factual shocks

She soothed my soul, a fresh spring gushing from rocks.


4.    I strove through mad competitive world

I found meet haven in books which unfurled

Past glories with noble feelings suffused;

To throbs of misery, I got well used

A quiet limpid sublime strain I saw

In ancient masters great without a flaw.

 

5.    In flights of fancy myself immersed I got lost

And yet, no height of maturity I got

Whatever I felt I wrote without forethought;

A flood of momentary flash I caught;

New links of family ties engaged my mind

Through kids I relived my past that I left behind.

 

6.    Not a small measure of love from friends I had

They made me enjoy their company glad

An interval of mirth in them I found

Amidst the dreary mechanical round

Yet future seemed an unpredictable mist

Desires grow on- an unending list.

 

7.    The tender touch of warmth indeed I found

In family links though duties bound

Me fast with advancing age; I had

The luck of timely help from gracious Lord

The touch of righteous and wise souls who blest

Me with their noble thoughts and my heart imprest. 

 

8.    I wait for the tender touch of God

Before my warm breath leaves this dusty sod

His sin-dissolving touch so rare

If his mighty will condescends to spare

Ere the cold touch of dark mother’s kiss on my brow;

I wait, a lazy pilgrim for Him, though slow.

            ***********************


   1st April, 2024                  Somaseshu Gutala

No comments:

Post a Comment