Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Ode to my Master --- I I

           


                

1.    Once more, I bow to thee, Master great!

A greater joy I find in thy state;

The noble virtues graced in thee

With friendly smile and tranquility;

Humanized without a taint unkind

A rare example indeed I find.

 

2.    No pride of knowledge swelled thy brain

No egoistic show or stain;

No bragging bombastic style

Or flattering crooked guile;

Ever maintaining composure cool

Thy body, as you said, a worldly tool.

 

3.    For proper use to help others

Who are our own soul-brothers;

To refine our own indwelling sprite

To love our kindred souls and light

Their darkened lives with merciful rays

And make them tread in righteous ways. 

 

4.    Never found in thee, any trace of greed

Or stung with envy, a vicious seed;

Or splashed with clouded frozen gloom

Thy face- a sober sunny lotus bloom;

Not stained with angry staring eyes

Or vexed with cursing tone so high.

 

5.    No trouble upset thy yogic mind

Unperturbed and cool we always find

In thee, a balanced soul above the thrall

Of worldly snares and deceptive traps

Unshaken by unpredictable mishaps;

With a sportive smile you took all in all.

 

6.    Unlike the fools who cry for human aid

With hopes on fickle persons laid;

You never stretched your hand indeed

For help from others- a noble creed;

Guided by Godly call, you thrive

With equanimity you always strive.

 

7.    While others fawned for favors mean

Your actions match with what they mean;

You marched unconcerned far from craze

Like a majestic elephant sage;

Fate planned thy life in noble ways

Blessed by great masters you lived always. 

 

8.    With friendly sober looks you filled my heart

Though not so worthy, with noble thoughts;

Like a resting pilgrim under the shade

Your kind presence a lot of difference made;

Forgetful of trivial things of world I find

Thy blessed presence so soothing to my mind.

 

9.    With thy calm look and humane touch

You viewed beyond the human lurch;

A sense of wonder and bliss we feel

To hear thy voice swell like the Ganges with zeal;

No verbal ostentatious, empty show

You made us feel the innate sprite aglow.

 

10.      My Master Great! how can I praise?

   My lowly state, how can I raise?

   Thy blessings only I implore;

   Thy sacred touch within my bosom’s core;

   No spiritual realms I long.

   Thy sacred looks enough; accept my humble song.

        ***************************** 

   16th April, 2023                         Somaseshu Gutala     

           

No comments:

Post a Comment