Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Ode to my Master --- I

            

             

                       

        1.       By gracious looks of God so kind

          Thy guidance unasked I find.

          Like a dream you flashed yet gone.

          To me, a vacant monotonous morn.

 

     2.            Though brief thy company, I store

         Thy words- a precious core.

         Outcome of gentle brooding skill

         Of contemplation with a divine thrill.

 

    3.           What we see not, you watched with clear

        Conscience and showed in acts indeed.

        You have wiped out many a tear

        With a gentle smile-- what more we need?

 

  4.                So busy with service to all

        You did not respond to my humble call;

        I complain not; a selfless soul

        Not confined to one creature’s goal.

 

5.                    Like heaven’s golden orb you shine

       To gladden all and refine

       Our thoughts—pure, crystal-clear;

       Your kindness brings all near.

 

6.              Thy Master’s glory in you we find

     A proof seen in your humble mind;

     God showered His grace on Thee;

     A godly teacher we find in thee.

 

7.           A wretched soul like me may not

   Aspire to such a sublime part;

   A drop of thy mercy enough for me;

   My call, though weak, Master hear me!

 

8.      With each and every passing sunrise

  I see thy blessed figure wise.

 Warm tears well up unsought

  Recalling thy noble acts.

 

9.     Though you spoke less, you patiently heard

 Our problems and complaining words.

 Your wise advice served as healing balm.

 Your friendly looks made our restless souls calm.


10.   Your healing touch gave much relief

        To suffering patients and removed their grief.

        A mystic force in thy hands gives us ease

        Which gives us what we lack true peace.          

       

  11.        I may not tread along thy way

Thy thoughts I like and will not stray

From your benevolent looks indwelt

My hardened heart ere thee doth melt.

 

  12.    How oft I felt enthralled to see

Men bow with reverence before thee!

How oft I heard thy words so wise and kind.

Soothing my anguished, ignorant mind!

           ***********************

   9th April, 2024                    Somaseshu Gutala

 Note : A Master means a noble, spiritual and religous-minded person who feels divinity and is not much attached to wordly passions. He treats every living creature with compassion, generosity. He does selfless service and finds delight in helping others. He is not greedy and avaricious. He spreads joy and serenity wherever he goes.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment