Monday, October 23, 2023

The Song of a duck

 




                   

1.                                         I am a common duck

                 A creature of simple luck

                Though white, not a swan

                To fly through breezy dawn.

                I can’t walk swift like a fawn

               Across the dew-decked lawn.

 

2.                                This marshy pond, my place

             No ethereal cloudy ways

             This humble state, I sigh

             Yes, hard to please, I know not why.

             People may mock my gait and wit

             A wild goose chase, I lazily sit.

 

3.                             This dark-green moss

           These white blooms bland

           This wavy toss

           This sylvan land

           I glide with ease

          What more can please?

 

4.                          I am a common fowl

         Life is not a sugary bowl

         Life, a game both sad and gay

         I have my own role to play.

        Though people say “lucky Duck”

        I may not have much push and pluck.

 

5.                 I live as I am made

      As nature’s child I wade

      Through water under the shades

      Ducked out, don’t stay behind;

      Be content and be kind;

      I give my little mite

     This life, God-given light.

     ***********************


23rd October, 2023                    Somaseshu Gutala

           

No comments:

Post a Comment