Thursday, July 1, 2021

Guide me, Oh Lord!

                                                       


                                       


                                  

The road seems so uncertain with bends unseen

So many shocks and surprises, which way to turn?

So many doubts and questions within me burn

I can’t unravel or grasp what they mean;

On this strange path never have I been;

My mind felt wrinkled with deepest concern;

Guide me, oh Lord! Which way to twist and turn

Vexed with daily routine I lose my mind serene;

Thy help and strong support all I implore;

Unaware of Thy gifts we ask for more;

We deem not as choosers but beggars poor

Our earthly tensions and doubts who can cure?

Our desires like witches drive us into the mire

Only Thy grace can lift us from this dark despair.

                    ****************

        1st July, 2021                         Somaseshu Gutala


  

No comments:

Post a Comment