Friday, May 31, 2019

SAVE ME FROM SUMMER

                                                                           
                       




       
       1)       The air is cool with fresh dew-drops of rain

                  Nature has smiled now green again

                  The summer’s raging passion, spent;

                  The sky, fresh-washed and clear as a crystal blue;

                   Whose heart will not be thrilled

                   By such cool weather as this?


     2)         Yet flames of agony as hot as May

                  No drops of peace have soothed this fray;

                   I pine with flames beyond my control

                   I can’t curb this volcanic roar;

                   I wish not for drowsy pleasures to contain

                   These innate flames, oh Mother divine!


     3)           Let me bloom once again

                   Fresh as the lotus of the lake

                   With Thy sweet showers let me slake

                   My thirst; a new flight let me take

                   Into the new horizons; let me awake

                   To see Thy mercy pour in plenty for my sake.


                           ***********************


        1st June, 2019                                 Somaseshu Gutala
  
      
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment