Tuesday, November 15, 2016

MUSINGS



 











                                                                 
















                  1)     My eyes too weak to see Thy holy feet
                       My ears too deaf to hear Thy voice sweet
                       My smell too dull to sense Thy presence fine
                       My tongue too numb to chant Thy name divine.

             2)      My touch too inert to touch Thy sacred heart
                       My mind too ruffled with distractions fraught
                       My span of thought too short to soar and fly
                       To reach Thy heavenly realms too high.

            3)       Thou, boundless ocean of Love and Mercy !
                       Thy name enough to cross this turbulent sea
                       Of earthly troubles of egoistic illusion
                       And grant Thy beatific thrilling vision !

            4)       Ev'n beasts and birds have found Thy grace
                       Why can't my mind with intelligence trace
                       Thy cool benign presence within my heart
                       Like lovely sunbeams by red lotus caught.

            5)       With a language bestowed with meaningful sounds
                       Yet still I can't know Thee-- beyond my bounds !
                       I can't decode Thy mysterious thought and sense
                       With my intellect clouded with delusions dense.

            6)        Flitting like a bee from flower to flower
                       I ran after worldly wealth, joys and power
                       Not a moment I found to sit calm and quiet
                       To gaze upon Thy feet and feel really blest.

            7)       Trapped like a rat in momentary pleasures
                       I found scarce time for silent, serene leisure
                       To pray to Thee with tearful gratitude
                       Set me free from these temptations crude.

            8)       These vile passions, like vixen wait for chance to find
                      To pounce upon my fickle and tottering mind
                       My worldly knowledge no match to fight and decide
                       The righteous path and resist their raging pride.

            9)       My limping mind too weak to give a firm, strong hold
                      Thinking too long my woes become too manifold --
                      My wisdom is but a frail leaking ship ;
                      How can I come out of their crushing python-grip ?

           10)      Only Thy name to liberate me from this maze 
                      No masterly guidance to brighten my dismal gaze
                      No yogic mysterious skills for me to dream
                      No more dallying with my musings, my Lord supreme !

                                 *******************************             

      16th November, 2016                                    Somaseshu Gutala




   
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment