Sunday, October 9, 2016

I DO NOT FEEL TOO MUCH






                              Let others blame my acts
                              Let them whisper behind my back
                              Let them face me with their masks
                              Let them betray my secret tasks
                              Let friends become my foes at once           
                              Let them revile me as a dunce
                              Let people sneer me as I pass
                              Let love disappoint me -- no loss ;
                              I do not feel too much, my Lord !
                              But when Thou dost my hopes discard
                              Unmoved by my sighing prayers
                              Untouched by my flowing tears
                              I feel worst damned, oh God !
                              I can't bear it ; it is too hard !

                                       ****************

                                                                                  

      10th October, 2016                              Somaseshu Gutala
  

No comments:

Post a Comment